April Online Intern Shares Ideas on How to Get Involved
April Online Intern Erika has been busy thinking about how to get others involved in WFP’s important work. So far this month she has posted a daily photo on Facebook and Twitter that shows people from around the world joining the fight against hunger. She shares more ideas and her thoughts below.
“Before starting my internship with the World Food Programme, I didn’t really think engaging people online would be all that hard – after all, we see coverage all the time, on TV, in newspapers, on Facebook and other daily generated media. But the reality is that getting people involved in anything is more challenging than anticipated. The past 2 weeks and the weeks leading up to my internship have all been exciting, challenging and inspiring; collecting all the data and contacting people around the world asking for their help has shown me that there are those that indeed do want to make a difference.
My photo campaign is to showcase the work being done by WFP along with countries around the world that I managed to find ‘world hunger warriors’ in. They all volunteered their photograph and for the whole world to know their names. My favourite contributions so far are these:
Now, I would like to call on all of you who are reading this blog post to share your names with the world today and join the fight against hunger; this is how you can help:
- Take a photo of yourself holding a sign of why YOU care about solving world hunger and post it on your Facebook wall. Share it with the WFP Students Facebook page.
- Play Freerice and donate grains of rice automatically to help WFP feed millions around the world:www.freerice.com
- Take the hunger quiz -http://quiz.wfp.org
- Make a donation now to support WFP’s vital work
- Get involved in your community!