Here you will find links to useful information and publications which can be used to get Hunger issues into the classroom. As the site develops, we’ll be adding more teaching materials, cross-curricular planning maps, and ideas for both teachers and students to get involved.
Don’t see what you want? Let us know here.
What is hunger, and who does it affect?
- Hunger - Start here
- The Millenium Development Goals - What are they, and what is WFP's role in achieving them?
- Nutrition Facts - Learn more about what good nutrition means
- The Hunger Glossary - Hunger vocabulary
- Frequently asked questions - Is there enough food in the world?
- How many people are hungry? - Find out about the facts and figures
- Where in the world? - The Geography of Hunger
WFP around the world
- Where do we work? - click to find out
- Where does the food we distribute come from? - WFP's procurement map
- Hunger Hotspots - Regions at risk
Ways we help
- School Meals - How much does it cost to feed a hungry child?
- Fill The Cup - Facts and figures about School Feeding (pdf)
- Gender and Hunger - Why is this important?
How can you help?
- Individuals, Companies, Schools - Ways to help
- Celebrities who Care - Find out who's who in the fight against Hunger
- Spread the word - Twitter, de.licious, facebook - you choose
- Get involved - Walk the World - TNT and WFP, together
- Articles worth reading - updated regularly