WFP Students New Year's Declaration
This New Year, we woke up to a world in which 1 in 7 people go to bed hungry. Our growing world population of over 7 billion people calls for new ways of thinking to make sure everyone has enough to eat. Why are we hopeful? WFP Students are the future of a hunger-free world.
We believe that students are more important than ever in the fight against hunger in 2012. It’s time to get on board and be part of the solution. Our WFP Students New Year’s Declaration:
1. Hunger is the world’s greatest solvable problem.
Solving hunger builds the brains and bodies of the next generation and a stronger, more stable world.
WFP Students are: problem solvers.
2. Innovation is key to feeding our growing world of over 7 billion people.
We’re at the forefront of new ways of thinking about how to solve age-old challenges like hunger.
WFP Students are: dreamers, thinkers, and doers.
3. We believe doing good is a way of life.
Doing good is no longer just something you do on the side. From supporting brands that enable you to do good in the world to lending a hand in your community, it’s how you live your life.
WFP Students are: leading by example.
4 Getting the word out on hunger begins with us. New online tools empower us to start and shape international conversations. We have unparalleled ability to raise awareness right at our fingertips.
WFP Students are: communicators.
5. We believe students everywhere deserve the nourishment to learn. Hunger prevents students from learning. Proper nourishment means students can pay attention in school, achieve their dreams, and help transform the future.
WFP Students are: achievers.
6. We believe community should be as global as we are. With Facebook friends on all seven continents, we’re more interconnected than ever. This transforms how we view our place in the world and challenges us to create change on global problems. When we look at the “global” in global hunger, we think “affects everyone” and not “very far away.”
WFP Students are: collaborators.
7. This is our world and our future. We can make a difference one small step at a time. We currently live in a world where 1 in 7 people go to bed hungry. It’s up to us to turn this around.
WFP Students are: game changers.
Are you WFP Students? Join us. Solve hunger.