Throughout the past five years, a Technical Review Panel (TRP) comprised of nine experts from academic institutions, development agencies, government and implementing partners has met annually to offer their expertise and advice to WFP on the implementation of the P4P pilot.
As the pilot period draws to a close, P4P is seeking to consolidate the global lessons learned. During a three-day consultation in Washington DC, TRP met with selected members of P4P’s Steering Committee. The members shared their insights on how the emerging P4P experience can inform WFP’s potential role in a post-pilot market development programme.
The TRP emphasised the essential need to invest additional resources to ensure that the qualitative and quantitative information is collected, cleaned and analysed on time for the final evaluation in 2014. The P4P Steering Committee chairperson Ramiro Lopes da Silva, thanked the TRP members for their service and contributions to the P4P programme.
Members of P4P’s Technical Review Panel
Boaz Keizire - African Union (AU)
Dave Tschirley - Michigan State University (MSU)
Francesco Rispoli - International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Marta Valdes Garcia - OXFAM Intermon
Maximo Torero – International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
Miguel Garcia - Inter-American Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture (IICA)
Shaun Ferris - Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Shukri Ahmed - Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Riikka Rajalahti – World Bank
Read more about previous TRP recommendations and meetings here:
- 5th TRP 25-28 February 2013 in Rome, Italy: P4P Newsletter, February 2013
- 4th TRP 11-14 June 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania: P4P Newsletter, June 2012
- 3th TRP 5-8 September 2011 in San Salvador, El Salvador: P4P Newsletter, September 2011
- 2nd TRP 16-17 June 2010 in Jinja, Uganda: Experts make recommendations on how to support smallholder farmers
- 1st TRP 19-21 October in 2009 in Rome: P4P passes test of expert panel