Key information about WFP operations
- Each quarter, WFP publishes an Operations and Resourcing Update that highlights the critical issues facing specific projects.
- The "Projected Needs for WFP Projects and Operations" is published annually in order to provide the international donor community advance estimates of food and aid requirements for the following year.
- Current shortfalls are documents updated three times a year that indicate which operations currently need funding.
WFP has 4 major types of operations:
- Emergency operations (EMOPs) provide immediate assistance
Learn more & view active EMOPs
- Relief and rehabilitation operations (PRROs) rebuild after an emergency
Learn more & view active PRROs
- Development operations (DEVs) improve food security for communities
Learn more & view active DEVs
- Special operations (SOs) create the specific infrastructure needed for EMOPs
Learn more & view active SOs