WFP's storage facility in Dodoma has capacity to hold up to 12,000 metric tons of grain.
Copyright: WFP/Tala Loubieh
How to get a consignment of maize from Tanzania to Somalia, some 2,000 kilometres away? This was one challenge facing the UN World Food Programme this year. Although both Somalia and Tanzania have sizeable coastlines and well-established ports, overland transport was the most viable option given geographical proximity of the maize to the people it was intended for.
- 3 June 2015 Burundian Refugees At Nyarugusu In Tanzania
- 18 May 2015 WFP Assists Burundian Refugees In Tanzania
- 6 March 2015 Shipping Tanzanian Maize To Somalia
- 5 March 2015 Holding Up The Sky
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women