The Laos delegation touring a school garden in Salvador, Brazil with local students. L-R: Keize Vasques, Souvankham Phommaseng (MoH), Sisomboun Ounavong (MPI), Yangxia Lee (MoES), Lytou Bouapao (MoES), Kham Sanatem (MAF) and Bruno Oiliveira.
Copyright: WFP/Carolina Montenegro
The WFP Centre of Excellence Against Hunger in Brazil hosted a delegation from the Government of Lao PDR to share experiences on fighting hunger. The study visit highlighted the benefits of including nutrition and school meals in national policy, with the Laos Government confirming that school meals will be included in the National Education Law and the Human Resource Development Plan.
- 29 December 2014 Laos Primary School Students Draw What ‘Zero Hunger’ Means to Them
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life
- 2 September 2012 Laos: Nutrition On The Big Screen – 10 Videos By Laotian Filmmakers
- 21 August 2012 Saving Nutrients
- 13 December 2011 Lao PDR: WFP Mid-Morning Meals Bring Smiles To School Children
- 4 November 2011 Laos: WFP Cash Assistance Helps Better Nutrition
- 12 February 2015 Food Support For 190,000 Students Arrives In Laos
- 17 December 2014 Laos Government Shares WFP School Meals Experience In Brazil
- 3 November 2014 USA Gives $27 Million To Help Children In Laos Eat & Learn In School