Naifa, a mother in Gaza, explains what she has learnt from WFP's nutrition awareness sessions. Copyright: WFP/Colin Kampschoer
Micronutrient deficiencies and obesity - the "double burden" of malnutrition facing many developing countries - are interlinked with poverty and are closely related to access to healthy, nutritious food, dietary habits and physical activity. WFP is tackling malnutrition in Palestine that is mostly a result of families’ inability to buy healthy and nutritious foods due to high food prices.
- 3 October 2013 Food Distribution To Displaced Bedouins In The West Bank
- 27 August 2013 For Palestinians, WFP Vouchers Mean More Than Food
- 26 August 2013 WFP Assistance To Vulnerable Families In Gaza
- 24 July 2013 WFP Assistance To Poorest Palestinians In West Bank
- 4 July 2013 Palestinian Business Fights Hunger With Salt
- 21 June 2013 Food Vouchers Help Poorest Of Poor In Palestine