The event is being jointly hosted by the WFP, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), in partnership with the Government of Iceland.
Where: WFP Headquarters, Via Cesare Giulio Viola 68/70, 00148 Rome
When: From 10:00am to 12:30pm, Friday 8 March 2013
The Executive Director of WFP, Ertharin Cousin, will open the event. Guests include:
• Fernanda Guerrieri, FAO Assistant Director-General, Directeur de Cabinet
• Irene Khan, Director General, International Development Law Organization
• Cheryl Morden, IFAD Deputy Director, Partnership and Resource Mobilization
• Juvenal Jeremias Rwegasira, Women’s Legal Aid Centre, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
• Lourdes Tiban, Assembly Member of the Legislative Body of Ecuador
The panel discussion will be moderated by Francesca Caferri of La Repubblica.
Media interested in attending should send a note by 16:30pm on Wednesday 6 March to Emanuela.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +39 06 6513 2691.
Media coming to the event should arrive at WFP Headquarters no later than 09:30 on Friday 8 March, with a valid photo ID card.
For more information please contact (email address: email@example.com):
Jane Howard, WFP/Rome, Tel. +39 06 65132321, Mob. +39 346 7600521
Vichi De Marchi, WFP/Rome, Tel. +39 06 65132058, Mob. +39 348 0517605
# # #
WFP is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Each year, on average, WFP feeds more than 90 million people in more than 70 countries.
Follow us on Twitter @wfp_media