• Scaling Up Nutrition: Calling All Champions, in Washington D.C., May 17.
• The Chicago Council’s Symposium on Global Agriculture and Food Security:
Beyond L’Aquila: Advancing Food Security at the 2012 G8 Summit, Washington D.C., May 18.
• 1,000 Days to Change the Future: Making Malnutrition History on May 21 in Chicago.
Cousin is available for press interviews in advance of and during her trip to discuss:
• Food Security and Nutrition and the G8: WFP is harnessing recent advances in technology and working with ground-breaking strategic public-private partnerships.
• Sahel drought emergency: Cousin visited Niger last week to review WFP’s emergency response to the drought crisis and the influx of refugees from Mali. WFP aims to reach 9 million people across the Sahel – including 4 million in Niger.
Please contact WFP public information officers listed below for further information on the itinerary and to set up media opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter: @wfp and @wfp_media
For more information please contact (email address: email@example.com):
Rene McGuffin, WFP/Washington, Tel. +1 202 6531149, Mob. +1 202 3902579
Bettina Luescher, WFP/New York, Tel. +1 646 5566909, Mob. +1 646 8241112
Jane Howard, WFP/Rome, Tel. +39 06 6513 2321, Mob. +39 346 7600521