WFP's Office of Evaluation undertakes five major types of evaluations:
- Strategic Evaluations: take a global perspective and focus on strategic issues for WFP as a whole.
- Policy Evaluations: examine how effective WFP policies have been in achieving their objectives.
- Country Portfolio Evaluations: help Country Offices understand their portfolio and what difference it makes.
- Impact Evaluations: provide an in-depth analysis of the impact that WFP work has on beneficiaries.
- Operations Evaluations: tell the story of relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of an operation.