1 August 2014
This bulletin provides information on price changes for the most commonly consumed staples and their potential impacts on the cost of the basic food basket.
31 May 2014
WFP VAM publishes ‘Special Focus’ documents when an emerging food security issue deserves in-depth attention. Each ‘Special Focus’ bulletin provides essential elements of analysis for decision makers. Sources of information include WFP’s VAM newtwork of VAM experts, and our partners.
31 October 2013
- Food insecurity is likely to increase significantly during the next lean season due to two consecutive years of poor maize production, much reduced food stocks, low import capacity and a slowdown in economic recovery after a decade long economic recession and high unemployment rates.
- Dollarization reduced inflation, capital flight and improved savings ability; but these benefits are being undermined by limited access to credit lines, low foreign reserves and reduced competitiveness of local products.
30 September 2013
Zimbabwe - Food Security Brief, 2013
1 June 2013
The Global Food Security Update provides an overview of the food security trends in 57 countries in six regions and offers an outlook for the 3-6 months following its release. It is based on food security monitoring reports, updates from WFP’s regional and country-based Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) units and a review of secondary information.
7 January 2013
Zimbabwe - Food Security Brief, 2012
28 February 2012
Southern Africa - Regional Food Security Updates, 2012
31 July 2011
Data was collected by a network of border monitors based at selected border points. Borders throughout the region have been surveyed and the most active and important borders have been selected for monitoring. The border monitors record data on prices and trade flows on a daily basis, and transmit it to a central location every week for collation and analysis. Currently, the informal cross border trade monitoring system includes 29 borders, with new borders being added as necessary. Data from borders surrounding Malawi are collected and managed by FEWS NET and WFP Malawi, while the rest of the borders are managed by the TSC.
23 June 2011
Southern Africa - Regional Food Security Updates, 2011
31 October 2010
Southern Africa - Regional Food Security Updates, 2010
- 20 December 2013 Hungry Months Ahead in Zimbabwe
- 27 September 2013 One Family's Struggle After Poor Harvest In Zimbabwe
- 2 August 2013 Zimbabwe: Helping People Help Themselves
- 12 April 2013 Zimbabwe Food for Assets - Part Two