Florence Akot (left) and Juliet Atim (right). Centre is Margaret Ayet, another of their farmer friends, also supported by WFP. "Now we are better off," says Margaret. "Do you not see my beautiful new dress?" Copyright: WFP/Lydia Wamala
Purchase for Progress (P4P) focuses on strengthening the capacity of farmers’ organizations (FO) to aggregate and sell commodities to quality buyers, such as WFP. Through partnerships with the government, indigenous and international NGOs, and others, P4P has provided smallholder farmers with the necessary training and equipment to increase their production, improve crop quality and strengthen FO marketing capacity.
- 5 March 2015 Purchase For Progress In Uganda
- 1 October 2014 South Sudan: WFP Delivers Food for Refugees in Uganda
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers
- 18 June 2013 The Cost Of Hunger In Africa