21 May 2015
TUNIS – The United Nations World Food Progamme (WFP) has resumed food assistance to support displaced people whose lives have been impacted by the continuing armed conflict in Libya.
2 January 2014
TUNIS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will provide technical support to the Government of the Tunisian Republic in building its capacity in managing and implementing the national school feeding programme.
20 September 2011
As humanitarian access increases in Libya, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has dispatched food assistance to the south of the country and to people who have fled heavy fighting in the town of Bani Walid. Since the crisis began, WFP has distributed, through its partners, food assistance to 800,000 people in Libya.
30 August 2011
CAIRO – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is providing logistical support for the humanitarian relief effort in Libya, sending food and other urgent supplies including water, medicine and fuel to Tripoli. WFP is also scaling up food assistance to meet the needs of the most vulnerable internally displaced people in Tripoli, the coastal areas and the Nafusa Mountain Region.
5 July 2011
CAIRO – The World Food Programme has distributed more than 6,000 metric tons of food assistance to more than 543,000 people across Libya since the start of its North Africa Emergency Operation, four months ago. Working with partners, including the Libyan Red Crescent, more than 282,000 people in eastern Libya, and 261,000 in western Libya have received food assistance.
19 April 2011
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has established a life-saving humanitarian corridor to populations caught in violence in Western Libya, with the first convoy of trucks already moving food from Tunisia.
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Seasonal Monitor
- Tunisia DEV 200493 Capacity Development in the Framework of the School Feeding Programme (2012-2015): An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- 12 March 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 25
- 12 March 2013 FAO & WFP Help Build A Future For Rural Tunisians
- 7 March 2013 Helping Rural Communities In Tunisia
- 30 August 2011 WFP Responds To Urgent Humanitarian Needs In Libya