27 May 2015
JUBA – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has warned that South Sudan is facing the worst levels of food insecurity in the young country’s history because of a combination of conflict, high food prices and a worsening economic crisis.
15 May 2015
JUBA –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of €13 million (US$13.8 million) from the European Union to help bring lifesaving assistance to people affected by the ongoing conflict in South Sudan.
22 April 2015
JUBA/ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) says it is deeply concerned about the fate of three staff members who disappeared in South Sudan’s Upper Nile State earlier this month.
8 April 2015
The Joint Technical Committee on the Passage of Humanitarian Assistance from Sudan to South Sudan - comprised of representatives of the Governments of South Sudan, Sudan and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) - is pleased to highlight the progress made in the operation of passage of life-saving food assistance to populations affected by the conflict in South Sudan.
26 March 2015
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a US$4.2 million contribution from the Government of Japan to support both its emergency response in South Sudan, and its United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) in the country.
19 March 2015
JUBA – The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, accompanied by the United States Ambassador to the UN Agencies in Rome, David Lane, will make a three-day trip to South Sudan from today.
17 February 2015
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution of US$165.5 million from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to feed hungry people in South Sudan.
29 December 2014
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes the first delivery in years of food assistance to South Sudan using Nile River transport from Sudan.
20 November 2014
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in South Sudan is again demanding the safe release of its abducted staff member Mark Diang, who was taken at gunpoint from the Malakal airport on 16 October by a group of men wearing plain clothes.
10 November 2014
JUBA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes the safe arrival of the first convoy of food assistance moved through Sudan to South Sudan.
- WFP, UNHCR expect millions to be hungry if crisis continues Source: Eye Radio
- South Sudan Urgently Needs Help to Stave Off Famine, U.N. Warns Source: The New York Times
- Greater Tragedy Looms Over South Sudan, Aid Officials Warn Source: VOA News
- Here’s What UNICEF and WFP’s New Relief Operation in South Sudan Looks Like Source: UN Dispatch
- South Sudan war displaced in 'acute' need: UN Source: Z News/ AFP
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #83, 26 June 2015
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- South Sudan - Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring, 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 19 June 2015 South Sudan’s Displaced See Little Hope For Peace