5 June 2012
The Annual Evaluation Report for 2011 focuses on lessons arising from implementation to date of WFP’s Strategic Plan 2008-2013. It covers 16 evaluations on: strategic themes in the transition from ‘food aid to food assistance’, such as partnerships and how Country Offices adapt to change; school feeding and WFP support to agricultural small holders and markets; and WFP’s strategic positioning and performance in Haiti, Kenya, Rwanda and Yemen; and others.
18 August 2008
Overall, WFP’s Gender Policy 2003-2007 surpassed those of many comparable organizations. Going forward, the evaluation team submitted five sets of recommendations:
1. take immediate steps to communicate WFP’s commitments to women and gender equality;
2. build gender mainstreaming capacities by extending and deepening training and expert guidance;
3. re-orient the roles and headquarters, country offices and regional bureaus;
4. make more funding available at the country level; and
5. complement the gender balance use of targets with building capacities and commitments among hiring managers and identify systems issues.
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 20 August 2014 Giving Refugees In Rwanda The Power Of Choice
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women