16 September 2014
WFP Statement to offer clarification on recent media coverage regarding the use of its funds in the response to Super Typhoon Yolanda in the Philippines.
5 May 2014
MANILA – To complement the national government’s efforts in disaster preparedness and response, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today formally handed over logistics equipment to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) at a ceremony in Manila.
7 February 2014
MANILA/TACLOBAN – Three months after Super Typhoon Haiyan, locally known as Yolanda, devastated the Philippines, more than 2.8 million people have received emergency food and nutrition support through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in partnership with the Government of the Philippines, NGOs and UN agencies. In the coming weeks and months, WFP will help families rebuild their livelihoods while continuing to meet the immediate needs of the most vulnerable.
24 December 2013
ROME – Multi-million album selling star Sami Yusuf released today a new song dedicated to survivors of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. Entitled “Hopes Survives”, the not-for-profit track is the backbone of ‘Live Feed Philippines,’ a campaign in collaboration with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to encourage donations to support families affected by one of the most powerful storms ever to make landfall.
12 December 2013
MANILA - The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to provide PHP 260 m (US$ 6 m) in cash assistance to 500,000 food insecure people in over 60 municipalities across Panay Island, Leyte and Samar in the aftermath of Super Typhoon Yolanda.
26 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines – As assessments of the devastation wreaked by Super-Typhoon Haiyan highlight the immediate need to provide food assistance to all affected communities, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is extending its reach with airlifts, ferry services and trucks.
17 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines -- Food for more than three-quarters of a million people has been dispatched to communities hit by Typhoon Haiyan – and more is arriving every day, says UN World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director Ertharin Cousin.
15 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines – As debris is cleared from important roads and the port has reopened, the flow of humanitarian aid – including food – has picked up in the city of Tacloban and surrounding communities hit by Super Typhoon Haiyan.
13 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines – Nearly 50,000 people around this city battered by Typhoon Haiyan received rice today provided by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) as part of family packs distributed by the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
12 November 2013
ROME – As the enormity of the needs in the wake of Super Typhoon Haiyan becomes clear, the UN World Food Programme (WFP) is providing food supplies, as well as logistics and telecommunications support to the overall relief operation.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- Seasonal Monitor
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists