1 July 2014
At the age of 17, Nimdoma Sherpa became the first WFP school meals recipient to climb Mt. Everest. Now 23, she is just one mountain away from climbing the world's seven highest mountains in each of the continents.
6 June 2014
Around 200 participants from the aviation industry in Nepal are learning about aviation safety and risk management - a priority campaign for WFP's Aviation Unit in order to help the industry respond to emergencies in an effective and efficient manner.
7 May 2014
30 April 2014
A 'Goat Bank' scheme introduced as part of income-generating activities in the rural far-western region of the country is ushering new hope for food-insecure families.
22 April 2014
Previously unable to provide for her family's daily needs, Ratnadevi is now considered one of the most successful farmers in her community. Read on to find out how she turned her life around.
4 March 2014
On her quest to climb the highest peak in each of the seven continents, Nimdoma, a former WFP school meals recipient, has just conquered Mount Aconcagua in the Andes. It's the fifth mountain on her list, the highest one in Latin America.
9 January 2014
Representatives from the European Commission for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) visited the Bhutanese Refugee Camps in Jhapa district in Eastern Nepal to assess the overall living conditions of the refugees. ECHO has been one of the key and consistent donors to food assistance programmes for the Bhutanese refugees in Nepal.
2 September 2013
"I am usually dependent on my husband's income to run the household, but this project has helped me get some work experience and earn some money. We have proven that even women can work and contribute to the community's development, if given the opportunity."
15 July 2013
A new advertising campaign for WFP's School Feeding Programme featuring Nimdoma Sherpa, a former WFP school meals recipient who climbed the world's highest peak, Mt. Everest, at the age of 17, officially kicked-off in Japan this month.
14 June 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The "first key" we unveiled was 'Nutrition'; the second, 'Safety Nets'. We're unveiling the last "key" through a short film this month - and we want you to discover it with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, by joining this trivia contest, one lucky winner will get a WFP The North Face Backpack. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- Annual Evaluation Report 2013
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- Synthesis of the Evaluation of the Impact of Food for Assets 2002-2011 and Lessons for Building Livelihoods Resilience
- Nepal - Crop Situation Update: A Joint Assessment of the 2013 Summer Crops and Outlook of 2013/14 Winter Crops, February 2014
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming