25 May 2015
The Food Security Analysis factsheet provides key information on the various aspects of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping work at WFP, the different assessment tools, specific initiatives and key facts for 2015.
4 March 2015
This report is prepared by the Humanitarian Country Team/Office of the Resident Coordinator in Mozambique. It covers the period from 09 to 23 February 2015.
- The power supply to the northern Mozambique and the traffic over Licungo bridge has been restored;
- The logistic capacity in Zambézia province was reinforced through the arrival of Helicopter with 3 metric tons load capacity;
- In Zambézia province there are 44,114 households affected and 39,946 ha of crops lost;
- A cholera outbreak has been confirmed in Tete, Nampula and Niassa provinces, northern Mozambique, with a cumulative of 3,478 cases and 37 deaths since 25 December 2014; The outbreak in Tete province is very serious considering that in Tete municipality alone, over 534 cases of cholera were reported in one week (from 08/02 to 16/02/2015),
8 December 2010
FAO/WFP Crop and Food Security Assessment Mission (CFSAM) visited the country from 6 to 29 May 2010. The Mission evaluated food crop production in the 2009/10 agricultural season, assessed the overall food supply situation, forecast cereal import requirements and possible exports in marketing year 2010/11 (April/March) and determined the eventual food aid needs.
- 13 April 2015 Flying High Over Mozambique's Floods
- 13 February 2015 UN Mozambique: Delivering As One
- 25 January 2015 WFP Responds To Floods In Northern And Central Mozambique