17 March 2015
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a US$490,000 contribution from the Government of Japan to support women-led businesses and smallholder women farmers in the Kyrgyz Republic.
21 November 2014
BISHKEK – The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding today to join forces in improving national food security and nutrition and strengthening social protection systems.
5 March 2014
ROME/BISHKEK – Every year, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) provides more than eleven million schoolgirls with food to help keep them in education and around three million vulnerable women with special nutritional support. This year, on International Women’s Day (March 8), WFP is celebrating how empowering women can boost global efforts to end hunger.
3 February 2014
BISHKEK – The Government of the Russian Federation has announced its renewed commitment to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), contributing US$3 million to support the most food-insecure families in the Kyrgyz Republic through community projects.
16 October 2013
BISHKEK – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
24 September 2013
BISHKEK – The Government of the Russian Federation has announced a US$10 million grant to support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in boosting the Kyrgyz national school feeding programme that covers over 400,000 children in primary school.
9 July 2013
BISHKEK – The Government of the Russian Federation has contributed US$1 million to the UN World Food Programme (WFP) to support the most food-insecure Kyrgyz people
22 November 2012
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today its monthly food price monitoring for the Kyrgyz Republic has revealed that wheat flour prices across the country have doubled between June and October.
25 April 2012
The United Nation’s World Food Programme (WFP) will start distributing basic food commodities to support more than 370,000 people in rural areas who require assistance following the long, harsh winter.
19 November 2011
BISHKEK – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) began Wednesday providing food assistance to more than 270,000 people in rural areas across the Kyrgyz Republic to help them through the harsh winter season.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 2 December 2014 WFP Helps Rural Kyrgyz Women Grow Their Food And Earn Money
- 3 June 2014 A Day In The Life Of A Kyrgyz Schoolgirl
- 7 February 2014 Improved School Meals In Kyrgyzstan Bring Positive Results
- 12 September 2013 The New Academic Year Brings Hot Meals In Kyrgyz Schools