19 August 2014
BAGHDAD – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been able to scale up food assistance to hundreds of thousands of Iraqis displaced from their homes in recent weeks thanks to a generous contribution of US$148.9 million from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
24 July 2014
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of US$2 million from the government of Kuwait to help bring desperately-needed food to thousands of Iraqi families displaced from their homes due to the conflict that started in Mosul in June.
25 June 2014
ERBIL, Iraq – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director Ertharin Cousin on Wednesday ended a two-day visit to Iraq, after meeting families who have fled from the violence in Mosul and holding high-level talks with the Kurdistan Regional Government and other officials.
12 June 2014
ERBIL, IRAQ – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is launching an initial emergency operation to provide food assistance to 42,000 of the most vulnerable people displaced by conflict this week in Iraq.
14 April 2014
BAGHDAD – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) started this month providing emergency food assistance to almost quarter of a million people who have been affected by fighting in Al-Anbar.
1 April 2014
ROME/GENEVA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a generous contribution of US$31 million from the Government of the United Arab Emirates towards its emergency humanitarian operations in Syria.
10 March 2014
GENEVA/AMMAN – In the last few weeks, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) succeeded in reaching many areas of Syria that were inaccessible for months. But as the conflict enters its fourth year, delivering food to people in desperate need remains a challenge.
4 February 2014
QAMISHLI, Syria –The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) started airlifting on Tuesday enough food to feed close to 30,000 displaced people for a month from Iraq to Qamishli in northeast Syria amid growing problems in reaching people, especially in conflict and besieged areas.
16 December 2013
DAMASCUS – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) announced today that it is expanding its emergency operation to provide food assistance to over 7 million displaced Syrians inside their country and in neighbouring countries. Recent assessments show that almost half the population inside Syria is food insecure and close to 6.3 million people need urgent, life-saving, food assistance.
25 November 2013
BAGHDAD – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has begun to use smart cards to deliver cash assistance in Iraq to participants in its cash-for-assets projects in Baghdad, Diyala and Ninewah.
- Aid for Syrian Refugees in Northern Iraq Source: Deutsche Welle
- Syrian Refugee Makes a Home Away from Home Source: PBS NewsHour
- Syrian refugees overwhelm Lebanon, region Source: The Washington Post
- Iraq: joint UN report finds that food insecurity decreased significantly over past five years Source: UN News Centre
- IRAQ: Call to adopt modern irrigation techniques Source: IRIN
- WFP SYRIA CRISIS RESPONSE Situation Update 11 - 24 JUNE 2014
- Syria - Syrian Refugees and Food Insecurity in Iraq, Jordan and Turkey: Secondary Literature and Data Desk Review, February 2013
- Protecting Asia’s Most Vulnerable - WFP and Social Safety Nets in Asia
- Building Resilience on a Fragile Continent - WFP and Climate Change in Asia
- 8 August 2014 WFP Provides Food for Families Fleeing Fighting in Iraq
- 21 July 2014 WFP Assists Displaced Iraqi Families At Baharka Camp