6 March 2014
ROME/TEHRAN – Every year, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) provides more than eleven million schoolgirls with food to help keep them in education and around three million vulnerable women with special nutritional support. This year, on International Women’s Day (March 8), WFP is celebrating how empowering women can boost global efforts to end hunger.
20 January 2014
TEHRAN – Ertharin Cousin, the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) Executive Director, has arrived for a 2-day visit to Iran. During her trip to the capital, she will meet Government officials, donors and the UN community. She will also visit a camp hosting Afghan refugees, where WFP has been providing food assistance for many years.
1 July 2013
TEHRAN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today warmly welcomed a contribution from the Government of France for its refugee operation in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
15 May 2007
WFP today announced a new partnership with Iran’s Cultural Heritage News Agency (CHN) which will work to generate greater awareness of hunger throughout the world and to increase contributions from the public to WFP’s operation and activities.
11 February 2006
WFP has announced today that the Novin Saffron Company, the leading producer and exporter of high quality Iranian saffron, has become WFP’s first private sector partner in Iran.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
1 September 2004
Rome WFP announces the launch of a three-month emergency operation to feed 100,000 victims of the earthquake that devastated the Iranian city of Bam in the southeastern part of the country on 26 December 2003.
- Iran ready to help UN send aid to Syrian people Source: Press TV
- “Sun of Pacific Ocean” to rise in Tehran to fight world hunger Source: Theran Times
- Iranian cineastes making shorts for WFP Source: Tehran Times
- Iran expected to dominate G8 meeting in Italy Source: The Washington Post
- Iran urges international NGOs to help refugees there Source: Reuters AlertNet / IRIN
- Iran PRRO 200310 Food Assistance and education incentive for Afghan and Iraqi Refugees (2013-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- A Regional View of Wheat Markets and Food Security in Central Asia: With a Focus on Afghanistan and Tajikistan, July 2011
- Iran - Food Security Assessment: Urban Afghan Refugees, December 2008
- Iran - UNHCR/WFP Joint Assessment Mission, June 2008