22 January 2014
In a bid to significantly reduce childhood anaemia, WFP brings state-of-the-art rice fortification technology to India's school meals programme in the rural district of Gajapati, in the state of Odisha.
21 January 2014
Years of research and analysis, coupled with tried and tested solutions on the ground, pay off with the successful implementation of key reforms to improve the Targeted Public Distribution System in Rayagada, Odisha.
14 June 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The "first key" we unveiled was 'Nutrition'; the second, 'Safety Nets'. We're unveiling the last "key" through a short film this month - and we want you to discover it with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, by joining this trivia contest, one lucky winner will get a WFP The North Face Backpack. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
21 May 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The first key we unveiled last month was 'Nutrition'. What's the second key? We'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film each month until June 2013 - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, this time we're giving away two special WFP Tote Bags. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
29 March 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? Each month between April and June 2013, we'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, we're also giving away some limited edition WFP Moleskine notebooks. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
22 January 2013
WFP India is inviting agencies/institutions to express their interest to undertake a study on how to enhance the nutritional content of the food basket distribtuted under the Targeted Public Distribution Systems (TPDS) in India.
16 December 2011
A slogan-writing competition held between schools in Delhi and in the National Capital Region gave students a platform to express their hopes and fears about poverty and hunger in India and the rest of the world.
14 December 2011
This is the first of its kind -- "knowledge partnership" between elected representatives of two states.
20 September 2011
Poor villagers in the hilly areas of the state of Uttarakhand in northern India no longer face starvation during the 'lean' season. Grain banks in their village, set up with WFP’s support, ensure at least two square meals a day.
11 July 2011
Eleven-year-old Shiva Adivasi looks every bit like the average teenage boy one would expect to see in the rural hinterlands of Madhya Pradesh. His hair unkempt, his hands and feet covered with layers of dust and his shirt secured in places with pins. But once he begins to speak about himself, the story changes completely.
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- E-vouchers for Food Security
- Community-Level Micronutrient Fortification of School Lunch Meals Improved Vitamin A, Folate, and Iron Status of Schoolchildren in Himalayan Villages of India
- WFP India: Targeted Public Distribution System
- WFP India: Improving Child Nutrition Through Rice Fortification In Gajapati
- 16 December 2013 World Food Programme innovating with India
- 10 December 2013 WFP Executive Director Boosts Fight Against Hunger In India
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29