17 March 2014
High resolution photo available at http://we.tl/hjI9PPhsxA
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, recently appointed Indian TV personality Uma Ghosh Deshpande as a Celebrity Partner. This echoes Uma’s commitment to support WFP in its work through her shows and network.
26 February 2014
WFP is working to help the Government of India make the world’s largest food distribution system more efficient and transparent. Kerala is the second state to endorse WFP’s “best practice” recommendations.
22 November 2013
NEW DELHI – At the end of a two-day visit to India, the UN World Food Programme’s Executive Director Ertharin Cousin has congratulated the Government of India for the National Food Security Act that has made the right to food legally enforceable.
21 November 2013
SANA’A – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed today a US$1.8 million contribution from the Government of India that will support 121,300 of the most vulnerable people in Yemen for the next six months.
20 November 2013
ROME/NEW DELHI – The UN World Food Programme’s Executive Director Ertharin Cousin has arrived in New Delhi for a 2-day visit to India. Her trip to the capital will focus on WFP-supported local solutions that are helping battle malnutrition.
10 May 2012
NEW DELHI – The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) are hosting a two-day workshop on best practices in Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) and Food Fortification, May 10-11.
27 October 2010
4 February 2010
DEHRADUN – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed Thursday a commitment by the State of Uttarakhand to help agriculture-dependent communities adapt to climate change.
29 November 2009
NEW DELHI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today hosted hundreds of students who came to the Capital to receive awards from the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit, for writing essays about innovative strategies to fight hunger in India.
11 August 2009
- Biometric cards nail fake PDS beneficiaries Source: The Times of India
- Food scheme may include pulses, oil in future: Ministry Source: The Times of India
- Water-hungry Indian villagers find new reservoirs of solidarity Source: The Guardian
- In India, Inadequate Storage Could Mean Wasted Food Source: VOA
- Nutrition in a bag Source: The Hindu
- E-vouchers for Food Security
- Community-Level Micronutrient Fortification of School Lunch Meals Improved Vitamin A, Folate, and Iron Status of Schoolchildren in Himalayan Villages of India
- WFP India: Targeted Public Distribution System
- WFP India: Improving Child Nutrition Through Rice Fortification In Gajapati
- 16 December 2013 World Food Programme innovating with India
- 10 December 2013 WFP Executive Director Boosts Fight Against Hunger In India
- 21 August 2013 Hungry Planet Episode 29