28 February 2014
On 28 February 2014, in Bissau, Ambassador Joaquín González-Ducay, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, and Mr. Ussama Osman, Country Director and Representative of the World Food Programme (WFP), participated in a signing ceremony to recognize a contribution agreement for the amount of 5 million Euro (about USD 6.8 million) in the framework of the implementation of the programme "Integrated Actions in Nutrition and Agricultural Development" (UE-AINDA).
10 October 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received a donation of 59 metric tons of dates from Saudi Arabia worth more than US$ 233,000 to support vulnerable people in Guinea-Bissau.
16 May 2011
BISSAU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has begun moving around a million books to almost 1,000 Guinea-Bissau schools on behalf of the UN children’s agency, UNICEF.
7 January 2011
Bissau – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has today announced a renewed commitment to raising levels of nutrition and increasing access to education in Guinea-Bissau. It has extended its post-conflict relief and recovery operation through the end of 2011 at a cost of US$8 million.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- Hunger warning for Guinea-Bissau as cashew price dips Source: IRIN News
- Urgent food aid to G.Bissau stalled due to lacking funds: UN Source: Global Post
- Gender Innovation Fund Supports Women Farmers in Guinea-Bissau Source: Alertnet
- Guinea-Bissau: Falling through the assistance cracks? Source: IRIN
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- Guinea Bissau PRRO 200526 Nutrition and livelihoods support to the vulnerable population: A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Note conjointe FAO/PAM sur la sécurité alimentaire en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel, n°53, Février 2014
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2013
- 3 April 2013 WFP Nutrition Activities In Guinea-Bissau