25 June 2014
Quito – Mario and Patricio Pillajo’s book about plants of the Andes titled “Plantas de la Cordillera Andina”, containing the description and traditional uses of two hundred species, was presented yesterday to the Pichincha Provincial Government. The book is a compilation of plants growing in the Cayambe and Pedro Moncayo cantons in the province of Pichincha, and the canton of Papallacta in the Napo province. Their work was published with the support of the Pichincha Provincial Government and the World Food Programme (WFP).
22 April 2014
PANAMA CITY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a new Atlas of the Andean Region showing which areas are most threatened by climate change and the risks of related disasters and their potential impact on the food security and sustainable development of entire communities.
16 December 2013
QUITO.– Colombian asylum seekers crossing the Ecuadorian border face difficult conditions: Most have nothing left but the clothes they are wearing. To meet their basic needs and promote their integration in Ecuadorian communities, the World Food Programme (WFP) carries out a humanitarian operation that provides the most vulnerable with food and protection assistance.
2 December 2013
Evaluation, evidence generation and report dissemination are important activities of WFP’s work in Ecuador. In 2014, WFP Country Office will lead a study on the Cost of Malnutrition in Ecuador, in partnership with the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), the Pan American Health Organization (OPS) and the Ministry of Public Health (MPS).
22 November 2013
PANAMA CITY –The UN World Food Programme (WFP) Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean launched today a new Regional Nutrition Strategy that aims to provide a nutritional model for WFP on how to engage with governments of middle income countries.
20 November 2013
Ecuador receives the largest flow of refugees in the Western Hemisphere. Many Colombian families who flee from violence in their country make a home for themselves in the area closest to the northern border. They receive assistance from the World Food Programme (WFP), as do their Ecuadorians neighbours.
19 November 2013
The climate change challenges for the Post-2015 Development Agenda were discussed in Quito in a panel moderated by the Representative of the United Nations World Food Programme in Ecuador, Deborah Hines.
16 October 2013
ROME/QUITO – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
20 August 2013
A delegation of the Department for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO), the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the World Food Programme (WFP) visited communities along the border in the province of Esmeraldas, where joint programmes offer humanitarian assistance to Colombian families fleeing from violence in their country.
20 August 2013
Improving the diet and nutrition of children from 6 to 36 months and of their families is the main objective of the recently launched Strengthening Local Government Capacities to Improve Food and Nutrition Security project with the support of the Carchi Provincial Government and of the World Food Programme (WFP). The Prefect of Carchi, Guillermo Herrera; WFP Representative in Ecuador, Deborah Hines, and other local authorities participated in the ceremony in the town of Bolivar, marking the start of the project.
- Rural women's work recognized as motor of world development Source: El Comercio
- Training helps build capacities in Esmeraldas Source: La Hora
- Authorities Celebrate World Humanitarian Day Source: La Hora (Ecuador)
- Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: the Huffington Post
- UN World Food Programme in Ecuador: Strengthening Food Security through Ancestral Knowledge Source: Huffington Post blog
- Seasonal Monitor
- Country Brief Ecuador
- Ecuador PRRO 200275 Assistance to Refugees and Persons Affected by the Conflict in Colombia (2011-2014): An Operation Evaluation
- Transfers and Gender - A mixed methods study of the effect of cash, vouchers and food transfers on intra-household relations and intimate partner violence
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 26 September 2014 Refugees Don't Need to Worry about Their Next Meal
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador