20 June 2014
BOGOTÁ – The World Food Programme (WFP) and the Disaster and Risk Management Unit (UNGRD) signed a Memorandum of Understanding this week. Their objective is to establish an alliance to strengthen their capacity to respond to emergencies and generate the exchange of valuable information pertaining to the prevention of and attention to disasters.
3 June 2014
The Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping of Food Security and Nutrition methodology (VAM) was established in Colombia through a partnership between the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Colombian Government’s Department of Social Prosperity (DPS). Through VAM, the region is better equipped to provide information on location, profile and number of people whom are vulnerable to food and nutrition insecurity.
22 April 2014
PANAMA CITY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a new Atlas of the Andean Region showing which areas are most threatened by climate change and the risks of related disasters and their potential impact on the food security and sustainable development of entire communities.
30 January 2014
The pilot programme for the prevention and reduction of anaemia will be implemented by the Ministry of Health and Social Prevention and the UN World Food Programme, as part of the strategy of Integral Attention to Early Childhood' Zero Hunger Forever”.
22 November 2013
PANAMA CITY –The UN World Food Programme (WFP) Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean launched today a new Regional Nutrition Strategy that aims to provide a nutritional model for WFP on how to engage with governments of middle income countries.
17 October 2013
ROME – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
19 August 2013
From WFP Executive Director Ertharin Cousin
ROME – In 2003, the world mourned when 22 people lost their lives in an attack on the United Nations office in Baghdad, Iraq. Ten years later, we still mourn all too often for humanitarian workers killed in the line of duty. Many more are injured, detained, kidnapped, traumatized and otherwise prevented from carrying out their life-saving work.
21 May 2013
Over 240 delegates from 37 countries are coming together in Costa do Sauípe, Brazil, to exchange experiences and debate options for developing sustainable national school feeding programmes in the Global Child Nutrition Forum 2013. It is the 15th edition of the meeting and it’s the first time that it occurs outside Africa or the United States. The Forum opens this Monday, 20 May, and will conclude on 24 May.
1 May 2013
PANAMA CITY –Latin America and the Caribbean countries have made significant progress in tackling hunger and malnutrition, reducing the number of hungry by 16 million over a decade, but much work still remains to be done, said the Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme, Ertharin Cousin.
17 April 2013
TEGUCIGALPA – The National Systems of Risk Management from Central American countries today began a series of simulation exercises to respond to emergencies and disasters in order to help strengthen their coordination processes and joint operation of humanitarian assistance for affected populations. These processes anticipate the participation of government institutions and national and international humanitarian actors.
- WFP Participates in Social Responsability Panel Source: Corresponsables.com
- Colombia: Displaced, Founder, and Entrepreneur Source: World Food Program
- UN Radio Interviews WFP Colombia Deputy Director Source: anaemia
- WFP and the Ministry of Health launched a program to reduce anemia in children from 6 to 24 months Source: El Tiempo
- Food for Training for Displaced Persons Source: Tu Semanario (Colombia)
- WFP Emergency Preparedness and Response in Latin America and the Caribbean
- From Food Aid to Food Assistance -Working in Partnership: A Strategic Evaluation
- From Food Aid to Food Assistance - Working in Partnership: A Strategic Evaluation
- Ecuador - UNHCR/WFP Joint Mission for the Revison and Re-Evaluation of the Relief And Recovery Operation in Favor of Colombian Refugees in Ecuador, July 2011
- 27 August 2014 Colombia: Improving Food Security in La Guajira
- 26 April 2013 WFP Executive Director Visits Panama
- 24 October 2012 WFP Country Directors Hold Regional Meeting in Colombia