21 March 2014
YAOUNDE – Ertharin Cousin, the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), said today that the exodus of approximately 296,000 people from the Central African Republic (CAR) into neighbouring Cameroon, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Republic of Congo, is creating a regional crisis in countries that were already short of food.
25 February 2014
ROME - As thousands of people continue to flee violence across the Central African Republic (CAR), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that neighbouring countries are struggling with more than 150,000 new arrivals in urgent need of assistance.
9 January 2014
For the first time since the beginning of its operations in Chad 50 years ago, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has received a contribution of 182 metrics tons of food from the Chadian government for its school meals programme. The donation is worth US$400,000 dollars (almost FCFA 200 million).
30 March 2012
NDJAMENA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has completed an airlift to provide high-nutrient Plumpy’doz, a ready-to-eat specialized supplementary nutrition product, to thousands of children at risk of malnutrition in drought-stricken Chad.
16 September 2010
ROME – As harvest time approaches in the Eastern Sahel, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) warned today that rates of malnutrition among children remain at critical levels in Chad.
2 July 2010
ROME – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today announced that it is scaling up operations in the drought-hit West African country of Niger in the light of a shocking new government survey showing malnutrition rates among young children at emergency levels.
24 June 2010
N’DJAMENA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is using the results of an Emergency Food Security Assessment to ensure food gets to those who need it most in drought-hit areas of the Chadian Sahel.
28 May 2010
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today warned of growing needs in the Eastern Sahel region of West Africa, where some 10 million people are facing a challenging season of hunger before the next harvest is due in September.
31 July 2009
13 January 2009
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today that convoys bringing food to more than 250,000 Sudanese refugees in Chad recently resumed from Libya through the Sahara desert in a push before the rainy season commences.
- Chad struggles to cope with refugees from conflict in Central African Republic Source: The Guardian
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Tchad - Etude des marchés des céréales en relation avec la sécurité alimentaire, les programmes de transferts monétaires et les achats locaux, Mars 2014
- Chad PRRO 200289 Targeted Food Assistance for Refugees and Vulnerable People Affected by Malnutrition and Recurrent Food Crises (2012-2013): An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- TChad - Evaluation de la Sécurité Alimentaire des ménages ruraux dans les zones sahélienne et soudanienne du Tchad, Novembre 2013
- République du Tchad - Enquête Nationale de la Sécurité Alimentaire des ménages ruraux (ENSA), Novembre 2013