14 August 2014
N’DJAMENA/BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution of 640 million JPY (US$6.25 million) from the Government of Japan to provide vital food assistance to refugees and displaced people in Chad and in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
4 July 2014
YAOUNDE/DAKAR, 3 July 2014 – In Cameroon, up to 1 out of 3 refugee children from Central African Republic suffer from malnutrition, a recent United Nations assessment found.
4 June 2014
ROME – The heads of two frontline United Nations agencies today urged donors to support a swift response to end the suffering of thousands of malnourished as well as sick women and children fleeing violence in Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
3 June 2014
ROME/GENEVA - Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme Ertharin Cousin and UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres will be in Rome tomorrow, 4 June 2014, in a joint push to draw attention to the plight of refugees and third-country nationals fleeing Central African Republic (C.A.R).
7 May 2014
BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today airlifted 50,000 litres of jet fuel from Nairobi to Bangui to continue providing life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable people in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.), gripped by a fuel shortage.
5 May 2014
Washington, DC – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has received a $1 million contribution from long-time philanthropist Howard Buffett to help meet the most urgent hunger needs in the conflict-torn country Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
7 April 2014
UN report says immediate support for food and livelihoods needed to meet “acute and complex emergency”
21 March 2014
YAOUNDE – Ertharin Cousin, the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), said today that the exodus of approximately 296,000 people from the Central African Republic (CAR) into neighbouring Cameroon, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Republic of Congo, is creating a regional crisis in countries that were already short of food.
19 March 2014
BANGUI – United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director Ertharin Cousin today witnessed alarming food insecurity and malnutrition in Central African Republic (CAR) amid a deadly combination of violence and insufficient funding for the humanitarian response.
25 February 2014
ROME - As thousands of people continue to flee violence across the Central African Republic (CAR), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that neighbouring countries are struggling with more than 150,000 new arrivals in urgent need of assistance.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- Central African Republic Situation Report #41 25 June 2014
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- République du Congo - WFP/UNHCR Mission d'évaluation conjointe de la sécurité alimentaire et vulnérabilité des ménages de réfugiés provenant de la République Centrafricaine vivant dans le Département de la Likouala, Mai 2014
- Central African Republic - FAO/WFP Markets and Food Security Assessment Mission, April 2014