24 July 2015
BANGUI – Farming households who struggle to feed their families in the war-ravaged Central African Republic (C.A.R.) are to receive vital support at a critical time, thanks to a contribution by the European Union of €1,575,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
3 July 2015
BANGUI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today expressed gratitude to France for a contribution of €850,000 which is being used to help internally displaced people who have been living through months of conflict at the M’Poko airport in Bangui to return to home.
16 June 2015
BANGUI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a donation of 250 metric tons of rice, valued at US$127,440 from the Republic of Brazil for its operation in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.). This contribution was twinned with funding from Spain and Andorra - US$192,583 and US$10,316 respectively - to cover transport and distribution costs. This combined contribution means WFP can provide food assistance to the most vulnerable, including internally displaced persons, and families suffering from food insecurity.
8 April 2015
BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), have welcomed a contribution of US$12 million from the Government of Japan to provide vital humanitarian relief to the most vulnerable people living in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
19 March 2015
BANGUI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has begun its first food voucher programme in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.) to assist more than 100,000 people affected by conflict. This innovative form of food assistance allows recipients to choose local foods, giving them a greater sense of normality.
29 October 2014
Agriculture, the backbone of the economy, has contracted by 46 percent, compared to pre-crisis levels
10 September 2014
YAOUNDÉ – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a contribution of €1.3 million (US$1.7 million) from the European Union’s (EU) humanitarian aid budget to help bring vital food and nutrition support to refugees displaced by violence in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.)
14 August 2014
N’DJAMENA/BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution of 640 million JPY (US$6.25 million) from the Government of Japan to provide vital food assistance to refugees and displaced people in Chad and in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
4 July 2014
YAOUNDE/DAKAR, 3 July 2014 – In Cameroon, up to 1 out of 3 refugee children from Central African Republic suffer from malnutrition, a recent United Nations assessment found.
4 June 2014
ROME – The heads of two frontline United Nations agencies today urged donors to support a swift response to end the suffering of thousands of malnourished as well as sick women and children fleeing violence in Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- WFP Regional Impact of the C.A.R. Crisis Situation Report #17, 30 August 2015
- WFP Fact sheet on regional emergency operation to assist Central Africa Republic refugees in Democratic Republic of Congo
- WFP Regional Impact of the C.A.R. Crisis Situation Report #16, 06 august 2015
- El Niño - Implications and Scenarios for 2015, July 2015
- 2 February 2015 Bridging The Hunger Gap In A Divided City Of Bambari