8 April 2015
BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), have welcomed a contribution of US$12 million from the Government of Japan to provide vital humanitarian relief to the most vulnerable people living in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
19 March 2015
BANGUI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has begun its first food voucher programme in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.) to assist more than 100,000 people affected by conflict. This innovative form of food assistance allows recipients to choose local foods, giving them a greater sense of normality.
29 October 2014
Agriculture, the backbone of the economy, has contracted by 46 percent, compared to pre-crisis levels
10 September 2014
YAOUNDÉ – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a contribution of €1.3 million (US$1.7 million) from the European Union’s (EU) humanitarian aid budget to help bring vital food and nutrition support to refugees displaced by violence in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.)
14 August 2014
N’DJAMENA/BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a contribution of 640 million JPY (US$6.25 million) from the Government of Japan to provide vital food assistance to refugees and displaced people in Chad and in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
4 July 2014
YAOUNDE/DAKAR, 3 July 2014 – In Cameroon, up to 1 out of 3 refugee children from Central African Republic suffer from malnutrition, a recent United Nations assessment found.
4 June 2014
ROME – The heads of two frontline United Nations agencies today urged donors to support a swift response to end the suffering of thousands of malnourished as well as sick women and children fleeing violence in Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
3 June 2014
ROME/GENEVA - Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme Ertharin Cousin and UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres will be in Rome tomorrow, 4 June 2014, in a joint push to draw attention to the plight of refugees and third-country nationals fleeing Central African Republic (C.A.R).
7 May 2014
BANGUI - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today airlifted 50,000 litres of jet fuel from Nairobi to Bangui to continue providing life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable people in the Central African Republic (C.A.R.), gripped by a fuel shortage.
5 May 2014
Washington, DC – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has received a $1 million contribution from long-time philanthropist Howard Buffett to help meet the most urgent hunger needs in the conflict-torn country Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- 2 February 2015 Bridging The Hunger Gap In A Divided City Of Bambari
- 24 October 2014 WFP River Convoy Carrying 1800 MT Of Rice Reaches Bangui
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals