11 July 2014
YAOUNDE – As violence in northeastern Nigeria causes massive displacement, thousands of families have fled across the border into Cameroon where the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is providing humanitarian assistance despite insecurity and logistical challenges.
4 July 2014
YAOUNDE/DAKAR, 3 July 2014 – In Cameroon, up to 1 out of 3 refugee children from Central African Republic suffer from malnutrition, a recent United Nations assessment found.
4 June 2014
ROME – The heads of two frontline United Nations agencies today urged donors to support a swift response to end the suffering of thousands of malnourished as well as sick women and children fleeing violence in Central African Republic (C.A.R.).
21 March 2014
YAOUNDE – Ertharin Cousin, the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), said today that the exodus of approximately 296,000 people from the Central African Republic (CAR) into neighbouring Cameroon, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Republic of Congo, is creating a regional crisis in countries that were already short of food.
25 February 2014
ROME - As thousands of people continue to flee violence across the Central African Republic (CAR), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that neighbouring countries are struggling with more than 150,000 new arrivals in urgent need of assistance.
28 May 2010
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today warned of growing needs in the Eastern Sahel region of West Africa, where some 10 million people are facing a challenging season of hunger before the next harvest is due in September.
2 October 2008
More than 37,000 Chadian refugees who fled Ndjamena due to the fighting last weekend, received food aid from the World Food Programme on Saturday in Kousseri, Northern Cameroon, just across the river from Ndjamena.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
- Cameroon border town battered by C.Africa spillover Source: Yahoo! News/ AFP
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- C.A.R. Regional Impact Situation Report #4 25 June 2014
- Cameroun - WFP/UNHCR Evaluation de l'assistance humanitaire et de la situation des réfugiés centrafricains vivant au Cameroun, Juillet 2013
- The International Rise in Maize and Wheat Prices and its Potential Impact on Food Security in West Africa, August 2012
- Cameroon - Evaluation approfondie du programme d’assistance aux refugies Tchadiens de Langui (Nord) et Centrafricains dans les regions de l’Est et de l’Adamaoua du Cameroun, May 2012