20 June 2014
With the World Cup underway in Brazil, one of the world’s most successful football managers, Jose Mourinho, was busy undertaking a challenge of a different kind – his first mission as WFP Ambassador against Hunger.
4 June 2013
From a small hill overlooking the Cavally river that separates Côte d’Ivoire from Liberia, Tchapi Antoine can follow the Ivorian refugees crossing the river back to their homeland. Tchapi Antoine recently made the same journey – returning to Côte d’Ivoire after almost two years as a refugee in Liberia, receiving WFP food assistance.
30 May 2013
Displaced by the political crisis that followed the presidential election in 2010, 53-year old Madeleine from the village of Baoubly in the western part of Côte d’Ivoire never stopped worrying about the future – how to make a living once the emergency food assistance from WFP would run out.
14 March 2013
A women’s group in western Côte d’Ivoire is participating in a WFP Food for Assets gardening project that is empowering its members and providing nutritious foods for their households.
13 December 2012
WFP is supporting a Food for Assets project that has benefited many families and led to the reclamation of 164 hectares of rice fields in western Côte d’Ivoire, a region that suffered violence and displacement during 2011. Families are empowered with new farming skills and are contemplating brighter prospects.
6 December 2012
WFP's nutrition support programme for malnourished people living with HIV in the region of Bouaké, central Côte d'Ivoire, runs for six months. After this, the patient is normally expected to grow out of malnutrition and regain his or her ability to lead an active life. However, many patients are so poor and vulnerable that they cannot be discharged.
15 September 2011
In early September, WFP nutrition focal points and their government counterparts from 18 countries across West Africa gathered in Dakar for a four-day workshop.
1 August 2011
The food security and nutrition situation in Côte d’Ivoire remains precarious following the post-electoral crisis. WFP is providing community canteens and supplementary feeding for vulnerable populations.
25 July 2011
Toulépleu is a small town some 20 km from the Liberian border and saw some of the worst fighting during the recent political crisis in Côte d’Ivoire. WFP plans to assist all of the population in the region.
4 July 2011
Recent fighting in Abidjan has left many Ivoirians without homes or means of survival. WFP is providing necessary food assistance to displaced Ivoirians, many of whom remain too frightened to return home.
- UN launches phone-based scheme to help poor Ivorians buy food Source: UN News Centre
- Giving Children a Chance in Post-Conflict Ivory Coast Source: Blogcritics
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Cote d'Ivoire: Tens of Thousands Remain Displaced in Western Côte d'Ivoire Despite End of Political Crisis Source: All Africa
- LIBERIA-COTE D’IVOIRE: Hope, hardship and hospitality Source: IRIN
- Côte d’Ivoire DEV 200465 Support to a Sustainable School Feeding Programme: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- WFP School Feeding Programmes in Cote D‘Ivoire (1999-2009): A Mixed Method Impact Evaluation Vol I Full Report
- 14 December 2012 Côte d’Ivoire: Food for Work Project in Action