18 March 2013
ROME – The people of Mali continue to suffer the impact of mass displacement and they urgently need food and other humanitarian assistance, said the Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Ertharin Cousin, on her return from a five-day trip to Mali and Burkina Faso (13-17 March) to meet people affected by the conflict in Mali and cycles of drought and poor harvests.
16 March 2013
OUAGADOUGOU – One year after the World Food Programme (WFP) launched its response to drought in eight countries of the Sahel region, the organization’s executive director Ertharin Cousin has visited Burkina Faso to see the results and discuss the future.
12 March 2013
OUAGADOUGOU – The Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, will travel to Burkina Faso from 13 to 15 March 2013. Cousin will visit the country on the invitation of the President of Burkina Faso, Blaise Compaoré, whom she met in October 2012 at the Forum on International Cooperation in Milan, Italy.
7 June 2010
ROME– Tens of thousands of people yesterday took to the streets in cities around the world to show their support for the work of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the fight against global hunger.
13 February 2009
29 July 2008
WFP is expanding operations in West Africa to feed an additional 1.4 million people hard hit by high food prices in Guinea, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
10 September 2006
As harvests roll in across West Africa’s Sahel, WFP has warned that although households are restocking their granaries, millions of children across the region remain threatened by malnutrition.
16 May 2006
As household food stocks begin to run low across the Sahel region of West Africa, the United Nations World Food Programme today urged the international community to continue supporting programmes which mitigate the very worst effects of food shortages among the most vulnerable.
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News
- Burkina Faso: Low-cost steps for long-term food security Source: IRIN
- Burkina Faso - Analyse globale de la vulnérabilité, de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition (AGVSAN), Juillet 2014
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- Do School Feeding Programs Help Children?
- Educational And Health Impacts Of Two School Feeding Schemes: Evidence From A Randomized Trial In Rural Burkina Faso
- 6 December 2013 In Burkina Faso, School Meals Raise Enrolment, Improve Nutrition