4 June 2015
Kabul – The World Food Programme (WFP) in Afghanistan took delivery today of 31 heavy duty trucks, donated by the Government of the Russian Federation, to replace ageing vehicles and boost WFP’s capacity to deliver food to some of the most far-flung areas of the country.
15 April 2015
KABUL – The Government of France has announced a contribution of €400,000 (US$ 424,000) to the World Food Programme (WFP) to assist with emergency response in Afghanistan in 2015. The announcement was formalised at a signing ceremony today at the French Embassy in Kabul attended by high-level representatives from the Government of France and WFP.
31 March 2015
KABUL – Thousands of Afghan students and their families will be receiving dates in the coming months, thanks to a contribution from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
11 December 2014
KABUL – The Government of the Republic of Korea has announced a contribution of US$12 million to the World Food Programme (WFP) to build the country’s first soy milk factory. The donation was formalised in a signing ceremony in Kabul attended by high-level representatives from the Government of Korea and senior WFP staff.
12 August 2014
ROME – The World Food Programme (WFP) is joining other organizations and agencies around the globe in advance of World Humanitarian Day on 19 August to bring attention to the heroes who risk their lives every day to help people in need.
10 June 2014
KABUL – The World Food Programme (WFP) has distributed emergency food rations to some 1,600 people affected by flash floods in Guzargah-e-Nur district of northern Baghlan Province. The High-Energy Biscuits will cover immediate food needs for three days.
8 March 2014
ROME/KABUL – Every year, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) provides more than eleven million schoolgirls with food to help keep them in education and around three million vulnerable women with special nutritional support. This year, on International Women’s Day (March 8), WFP is celebrating how empowering women can boost global efforts to end hunger.
28 February 2014
YOKOHAMA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) this month welcomed a US$88.3 million contribution from the Government of Japan. The donation will enable WFP to provide urgently-needed food and nutrition assistance to the most vulnerable people in 26 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East, in addition to supporting special humanitarian logistics operations in four of those countries.
14 December 2013
Kabul – The Government of the Republic of Korea announced a contribution of US$ 9 million to the World Food Programme (WFP) to support asset-creation projects to boost food security in Afghanistan. The donation was formalised in a signing ceremony in Rome attended by high-level representatives from the Government of Korea as well as senior WFP officials.
21 October 2013
Rome - Kabul - The World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan