24 June 2015
KATHMANDU – Thousands of porters are carrying food and other relief high into Nepal’s mountains, and repairing trails as they go, as part of a shift by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) from emergency response to longer-term recovery after the 25 April earthquake.
21 June 2015
19 June 2015
KATHMANDU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched an immediate investigation into how 120 bags of rice in Laprak, Gorkha district, were damaged.
18 June 2015
KATHMANDU - WFP has investigated deliveries of rice made to earthquake-affected communities this week in Laprak VDC in Gorkha District, Nepal, and found that some of the food was damaged by monsoon rains during transport.
5 June 2015
Investigation in Laprak finds rice is not from the World Food Programme (WFP).
29 May 2015
WFP takes food quality and safety extremely seriously. We follow up on any reports we receive as a matter of priority and investigate each case and have so far not found any evidence of inedible rice.
25 May 2015
KATHMANDU – In the month since a devastating earthquake hit Nepal, nearly 2 million people have received food assistance from the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and a new phase of the response is underway to reach people in high-altitude villages.
21 May 2015
WFP takes food quality and safety extremely seriously. We follow up on any reports we receive as a matter of priority and investigate each case.
19 May 2015
KATHMANDU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of US$3 million from the Government of Japan to support its emergency response in Nepal, including the provision of essential logistics services for the entire humanitarian community.
8 May 2015
KATHMANDU – Two weeks into the earthquake relief operation, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is warning that food is an increasingly urgent need as it overcomes severe logistical challenges to reach hundreds of thousands of survivors in some of the hardest-hit and most remote areas of Nepal.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- WFP Nepal Earthquake Situation Report #15, 30 June 2015
- WFP Nepal Earthquake Situation Report #14, 24 June 2015
- Statement On Yellow Split Peas In WFP Warehouses In Nepalgunj (Nepali)
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015