11 April 2014
Community involvement forms a key aspect of WFP's successful School Feeding programmes. At one primary school in Tete province, the volunteers, school staff, and students tell of the impact this has had at their school...
4 April 2014
WFP’s Cash for Work programme in Tete province has allowed food-insecure households to generate critical income during the lean season - the period before harvest when food is scarce. One participant describes her experience of the programme…
7 March 2014
Gelito Abel (11) used to be faced with a difficult decision when he woke up – whether to go to school and be hungry or to stay at home looking for something to eat. That was before meals were served daily in his school in Massecha village in Tete province.
2 September 2013
Grandmother Alzira Chingalane was happy to see a marked improvement in the health of her grand-children after they started receiving supplementary feeding assistance from WFP.
29 August 2013
Rostalina Viana doesn’t remember her age, but she does remember the day that her husband was killed during the civil war more than two decades ago. Left alone to care for three children, Rostalina struggled to make ends meet.
23 July 2013
Albertina Naftal (9) lives with her parents, two brothers and two sisters in a hut made of sticks and grass in the village of Muchenga, in Changara, west of Mozambique.
29 January 2013
WFP and the rest of the humanitarian community in Mozambique have mobilized to help the large numbers of people displaced by seasonal flooding in southern Mozambique. The needs are huge and - with ominous weather systems looming on the horizon - the struggle is far from over.
8 June 2012
In Mozambique, WFP provides nutritional food to help ease the burden of high rates of both malnutrition and HIV. This food helps twins like Sandra and Guida regain their health.
19 April 2012
WFP has a wide variety of innovative tools with which to address the causes of hunger. Often hunger solutions require thinking outside the box, especially when addressing multi-causal challenges such as chronic malnutrition. But here is a clever piece of kit that involves 'inside the box' thinking. Not only does it feature an attractive design...it also offers a creative solution for some pressing challenges in the agricultural sector.
26 March 2012
Micronutrient deficiencies, which are common in Mozambique, represent a largely hidden but often devastating form of malnutrition. In March, the Government of Mozambique launched the national food fortification programme aimed at improving the overall health of Mozambicans, especially vulnerable groups, by reducing vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- Mozambique PRRO 200355 Assistance to Vulnerable Groups and Disaster Affected Populations: An Operation Evaluation
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique CP 200286 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique - Review of the Evolution of Basic Food Prices, 2013
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food