23 September 2013
BAMAKO - An Emergency Food Security Assessment conducted jointly by the Government of Mali, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Food Programme (WFP), and 15 other partners shows that three out of four households living in northern regions of the country are food insecure and heavily reliant on food assistance.
31 May 2013
NOUAKCHOTT- Tens of thousands of Malians living in Mauritania’s M’bera refugee camp will not be returning home in the near future and will rely on humanitarian assistance for many months to come, a new UN assessment mission concluded.
16 April 2013
BAMAKO – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is urgently working with partner organizations to reach families in northern Mali whose access to food has been reduced by the on-going conflict and is expected to worsen with the oncoming lean season, from April to June.
18 March 2013
ROME – The people of Mali continue to suffer the impact of mass displacement and they urgently need food and other humanitarian assistance, said the Executive Director of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Ertharin Cousin, on her return from a five-day trip to Mali and Burkina Faso (13-17 March) to meet people affected by the conflict in Mali and cycles of drought and poor harvests.
22 February 2013
BAMAKO – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has opened today a new land route for transporting vital food assistance from Niamey, in Niger, to northern Mali, where the volatile security situation and economic disruption is affecting food supplies.
11 December 2012
BAMAKO – Recent video and stills photos highlight the plight of conflict-affected people in Mali, West Africa, where the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is working to provide food and fight malnutrition.
8 June 2012
BAMAKO - The UN World Food Programme (WFP) has officially launched, for the first time in Mali, an unconditional cash transfer programme in the town of Madina Sacko in Banamba in the region of Koulikoro.
21 March 2012
BAMAKO – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) today launched an emergency operation in the Gao region of Mali for the country’s internally displaced people.
28 May 2010
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today warned of growing needs in the Eastern Sahel region of West Africa, where some 10 million people are facing a challenging season of hunger before the next harvest is due in September.
15 November 2007
Josette Sheeran, Executive Director of WFP, has urged the international community to take firmer action to help West Africa’s rural poor struggling against climate change, rising food prices and population growth.
- Mali receives pledge of 520 million euros from EU Source: Euronews
- Mali: UN food agency ‘urgently working’ to aid communities despite insecurity Source: UN News Centre
- WFP grants food assistance to one million Malians Source: Afrique Jet
- Head of UN food aid agency urges support for Mali and entire Sahel region Source: UN News Centre
- Mali and Mauritania: War, Drought and School Meals Source: Yahoo! Voices
- WFP Mali Situation Report #05, 23 December 2014
- WFP Mali Situation Report #04, 21 November 2014
- WFP Mali Situation Report #03, 01 October 2014
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- 3 December 2014 Bamako, Mali: Turning Trash Into Cash