2 September 2014
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food programme (WFP) is stepping up assistance to people impacted by Ebola in the three most-affected countries – Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone – and increasing logistical support to the whole humanitarian community fighting the spread of the virus.
31 May 2014
CONAKRY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a new contribution of US$1.6 million from the Government of Japan to support operations in Guinea.
22 April 2014
CONAKRY –In March 2014, the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Guinean Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene launched a pilot project funded by the Japanese Government to prevent chronic malnutrition in the prefecture of Labé.
2 February 2009
29 July 2008
WFP is expanding operations in West Africa to feed an additional 1.4 million people hard hit by high food prices in Guinea, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 February 2007
WFP has condemned the looting of three food warehouses in Guinea over the weekend – resulting in the loss of nearly 450 metric tons of food aid destined for school children and the poorest communities.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Japan gives Guinea US$5.8 million for health Source: Afrique En Ligne
- GUINEA: Climbing out of the donor funding gap Source: IRIN
- UN to Shutdown Critical Air Service to West Africa Source: VOA News (USA)
- Guinea’s humanitarian flights may be grounded Source: Afrol News
- Guinea: Child malnutrition - moving beyond stop-gaps Source: IRIN
- West and Central Africa - Markets Update: Special Issue on the Ebola Outbreak, August 2014
- West Africa and the Sahel - Food Security and Humanitarian Implications, 2014
- Guinée - Enquête Nationale de la Sécurité Alimentaire et de la Vulnérabilité, Janvier 2014
- Fact Sheet - School Feeding Programmes in Guinea
- 29 June 2011 WFP in Guinea