Nine-month-old Elena waits with her mother for the distribution of WFP food assistance vouchers. Copyright: WFP/Amina Alkorey
As Syrians continue to flood out of their home country into neighbouring territories, WFP strives to assist the increasing influx of refugees. In Egypt, WFP assists close to 100,000 Syrian refugees through food assistance vouchers. With an average of 6,000 new Syrian refugees every month, WFP continues to open up distribution sites hoping to reach out to others living in remote areas.
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 4 June 2013 Poverty And Food Insecurity In Egypt On The Rise
- 2 August 2012 School Meals in Egypt, a Step towards Development
- 26 July 2012 Sami Yusuf Ramadan video
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan
- 19 May 2011 A Dollar A Day-Egypt