2014 Annual Partnership Consultations
Annual consultations with NGO partners, held at WFP since 1995, provide a key opportunity for WFP to engage in discussions with its NGO partners. Over the years, the Annual Partnership Consultations (APC) have proven to be an increasingly critical event where WFP is able to strengthen strategic dialogue with a large number of current and potential partners from around the globe. The revamped format of this event which was adopted last year, aims to place our NGO partners in a leadership role, allowing for open dialogue focusing on practical recommendations for enhancing our work together in the future.
2014 Annual Partnership Consultation (APC)
On 29 and 30 October, WFP had the privilege to welcome nearly 60 of its NGO and civil society partners to its Rome headquarters to engage in one and a half days of high-level strategic dialogue which focused on current topics reflecting the global humanitarian and development debate. Together we explored:
- Lessons Learned from WFP-NGO Partnerships in Level 3 Emergencies
- The Future of Humanitarian Action
- Post - 2015 - Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals
This year’s Annual Partnership Consultation (APC) brought together some 95 partner representatives (28 of which were at the CEO level)and a record number of senior WFP staff, both from HQ and the field, including five Regional Directors and the Regional Emergency Coordinator for Syria. On day two, WFP and its partners were joined by permanent representatives of 33 countries from the membership of the Executive Board.
A full summary report can be downloaded below.
2014 APC Documents:
- WFP-Partner Collaboration in Level 3 Emergencies - prepared by WFP
- Humanitarian Challenges: Perspectives from the South and Islamic Countries - prepared by the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
- Post-2015: Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals - prepared by the Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Summary Report of the 2013 APC
- 2013 APC Agenda
- Concept Note: School Feeding Brown Bag Lunch Session
- Technical Dialogue & Networking; description of the afternoon of Day 2
- Progress Updates Against 2012 APC Action Plan
- Agenda – Summary of Deliberations – Participants List
- Discussion Papers: New Tools, New Approaches I Risk Sharing I Cost Efficiency and Effectiveness I Emergency Preparedness and Response